R1799, excluding fitment , excluding paint match
IPARK DISTANCE CONTROL
International surveys reveal that:
- 43% of non-crash fatalities involving children under the age of 15 are caused by vehicles backing up over them.
- 27% of all accidents occur while manoeuvring at low speeds.
Modern vehicle designs make it increasingly difficult to see obstacles, in front or behind the vehicle and to judge the distance to an obstacle.
The solution is Park Distance Control
• Warns if children, animals or obstacles come within the sensing range.
• Helps prevent costly vehicle damage and the associated inconvenience.
• Makes reversing, parking and low speed manoeuvring easy and risk free.
• Eliminates blind spots and provides corner protection.
• Fits all vehicles.
• Approved by leading international and local car manufacturers.
How It Works
• Ultrasonic sensors fitted in the bumper detect moving or stationary objects within the sensing range.
• The rear system is activated when reverse gear is engaged.
• An optional trailer recognition module will automatically de-activate the rear sensors when towing.
• The front system is activated when the ignition is turned on and can be switched off with a separate on/off switch.
• An optional electronic speed switch is available that will automatically activate the front sensors when the speed is below 20 km/h and switches the system off when the speed exceeds this limit, similar to factory installed systems.
• The system measures the distance between the vehicle and the object and translates this into a unique beeper frequency that increases steplessly as the distance to the object reduces, when the buzzer frequency goes solid the distance between the vehicle and the object is 300mm.